The Illinois House approved measures to increase penalties for repeat gun offenders, automatically register people to vote and protect immigrants in the face of a federal crackdown during a busy Memorial Day that provided plenty of distractions from the state's most pressing issue: the lack of a budget.
President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.
The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.
In a time of crisis almost everyone will be armed regardless of what the government tries to do about it. Having and knowing how to use personal defensive handguns will make survival possible for you and your family.
More young Americans are likely to be killed by guns than car crashes this year for the first time in decades, according to a new report published by a DC-based research group.
Researchers at the Center for American Progress (CAP), a DC-based progressive public policy research and advocacy organization, have published an analysis in which they predict that shooting deaths will claim more lives in 2015 than automobiles – at least among America’s youth.
More Articles ...
- Do Guns Protect Us? Violence Policy Center Says No
- Guns becoming popular Christmas gifts
- Should all convicted felons be banned from having guns? Missouri Supreme Court hears case
- Should Kids Be Taught About Guns in School?
- Georgia ‘guns everywhere’ bill takes effect
- Constitution Check: Is the Second Amendment a barrier to “smart guns”?
- How 3-D Printed Guns Evolved Into Serious Weapons in Just One Year
- What Do Guns Say?
- Smart Guns, Dumb Gun Advocates
- How To Bypass Gun Control Laws
- Why aren't smart guns catching on in the U.S.?
- NYPD, DA bust Georgia-to-NY weapons pipeline
- Florida bill would allow some guns on school grounds
- Guns And Medicaid: A Winning Strategy For The GOP?
- Why 'Smart' Guns Won't Transform the U.S. Firearm Industry
- Colo. sheriff refuses to enforce gun-control bills
- Bruce Willis says he's against new gun control laws
- Sandy Hook Dad
- Who Needs an Assault Rifle?
- Out Of Control Death Threat On National TV